CPR level A: This basic, 4 hour workplace approved CPR course is sometime referred to basic CPR training. Participants enrolled in this course will learn basic life support techniques including CPR and choking rescues. Participants will also learn how and when to use an automated external defibrillator (AED). Individuals that complete this program will receive a wallet sized card (optional wall-mount certificate available) that is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. Participants will learn the latest standards for CPR rescues as mandated by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). To register for a course scroll to the bottom of the page to view all available dates, times and locations.
How To Register?
We offer customers several different methods of registering for this CPR/AED course. Registration can be completed on-line by selecting a course from below or you can register by telephone or email. You may even contact us using the chat option on the bottom right of the page.
Certification provided to participants that successfully complete this course is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. Certification meets Alberta workplace requirements and awards are eligible for re-certification. AED certification is included. No first aid certification is included in this course. Popular first aid courses that include CPR level A include standard and emergency first aid. Participants that need to re-certify a CPR “A” award must re-take this course because the workplace approved does not provide CPR level “A” and AED re-certification classes.
What Will I Learn?
Participants enrolled in this course will learn how to:
- Recognize and manage unconscious breathing and non-breathing adult victims
- Learn how to stay safe and be prepared during emergencies
- When and how to contact Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- How to successfully provide CPR
- How and when to apply an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- How to manage breathing and respiratory emergencies such as heart attack and stroke
What Do I need to do to pass?
To successfully complete this course a participant must:
- Receive a minimum score of 75% on a multiple choice test
- Meet all skill requirements
- Attend 100% of the course
- Be a minimum of 12 years of age
The length of this CPR class is approximately 4 hours.
We offer CPR level “A” and AED private courses in Grande Prairie for large and small groups. Contact us via email to receive a quote or to book a course.
The cost of this course is –. Participants that complete this course will take home a CPR manual and workplace approved CPR certificate.
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds and transfers are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Prior to this time participants can receive a full refund.
- Please dress in comfortable clothes.
- Classroom is open 15 minutes prior to start of class.