Emergency first aid is a basic workplace approved first aid and CPR course that we offer in Grande Prairie. Typical participants for this course include individuals that work in the fitness, administrative and food industry. Many students are also required to take this course. This is a one-day course that takes approximately 8 hours to complete. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator training in included. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view all available course dates and times and to begin your registration.
How to Register
To register via telephone please contact us during regular business hours. E-mail and on-line registration can be completed at any time.
Participants that successfully complete this course will receive a workplace approved award that states successful completion of emergency first aid, CPR level “A”, “C” or “HCP” and AED. This award comes in a wallet sized card format and is valid for 3 years. Wall-mount certificates are also available upon request. Certifications meet Alberta workplace safety and legislative requirements for workers requiring one day basic first aid training.
The length of this course is slightly dependant on the level of CPR training selected to be partnered with the course. Emergency first aid typically takes about 8 hours to complete.
CPR and AED training is a mandatory component of emergency first aid. On the registration page participants will have the opportunity to select the level of CPR training to partner with the course. Participants can select from the following level’s of CPR.
- CPR level “A” (one person rescues on adult victims)
- CPR level “C” (one and two person rescues on adult, child and infant victims)
- CPR level “HCP” – (one and two person rescues on adult, child and infant victims using advanced equipment and pulse checks)
The cost of this course is dependent on the level of CPR training included.
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “A” or “C” and AED – —
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “HCP” and AED – —
Transfer or Refunds
Transfer or refunds are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Prior to this time you can request a full refund.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
- To successfully complete the course participants must:
- Receive a minimum score of 75% on a multiple choice test
- Attend 100% of the course
- Successfully complete all of the skill components